Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Home?

I can't believe my time here is already over. This has so quickly become my home away from home, and it's been a blast. I didn't get malaria or cholera, nor did I get caught up in the middle of any riots, as people would have had me believe would happen before coming.

We did sit up late (like until 10:30?) last night drinking Prestige beer, and maybe just a bit too much rum mixed in there. It's kind of fitting to have a slight hangover on my last day here, I think.

Annio & Jean Louis have been great the last couple of days- I'll definitely miss them!

Andy rolled in yesterday afternoon, and it was really great to connect with him again. But, as timing would go, once again, we only get a partial day together, and I'll be scooting away. He'll be able to run at this little house with the boys and get a lot done. Just wish I could stay! However, the New Year's gig beckons, and it will be great to see people again. It WON'T, by any stretch of the imagination, be fun to run home to snow.

Fitting, that from the office here, I can hear Henk Hank bleating away, as Ton sits outside on his computer; the !!#$%$%mouse has just snuck by me, and since I slept indoors, the roosters didn't wake me up! It was cool enough to sleep indoors in the office last night on the cot, since I gave Andy his tent back.

I did get to play with plaster samples, and we did do a bit of parging, but there is still a lot to be done on the wee building. I hate leaving unfinished work, but no choice. The lime plaster still didn't arrive, of course!

It's downright cool here this morning- rather refreshing. Probably helpful to get me ready for the deep freeze I'll be going home to! I've heard that it's quite an adventure leaving the Haiti airport, so hopefully that goes well...

No comments:

Post a Comment