Wednesday, December 15, 2010

More pics from my outing in Port-au-Prince

Many of these photos were taken from the car window...just kept my camera at the ready. 


Our tent city (Mike's tent is in the background, but I've moved into Andy's larger yellow one while he's
 gone.

My new little friend, in behind my tent.


                                                     
These fellows were out with sledge hammers breaking through the rubble, perhaps salvaging materials?
I couldn't help but wonder what it must have been like to dig through rubble right after the earthquake...



Lumber in Haiti- much is imported from the U.S.A. Funny, since it was likely during the American occupation that all of the forests in Haiti were cut down! Hmmmmm..
Um, I'm hoping I don't have any first hand experience with one of these.


Former supermarket


Two lovely girls, whose parents said I could photograph them. They were quite giggly, and I think they thought old pale face (moi!) was pretty funny looking!


Driving along the street, I noticed the dead chickens on the ground at this vendor's stall.


A 'tap-tap'  taxi in front of us
  

Um, a waterway beside an industrial park
  

Gigantic chunks of concrete rubble, and a lazy lout hanging out amongst it all!

 
Look how cute he is!



Colourful street scene: note the pile of bent rebar that someone is dragging onto the sidewalk while all these folks are strolling by!



 The ubiquitous cell phone!


Welding at the side of the street


No comments:

Post a Comment