Wednesday, March 7, 2012

No More Sleeps 'Till Home! O', Canada!

And so, I actually slept in until close to 6am- maybe the early church service didn't happen, or maybe I was too tired to hear it. In any case, I'm feeling well rested, and more than ready for some snow.

There's an abundance of fruit for breakfast today- the new kitchen guy, Pascal, rocks: pineapple, mango, grapefuit, clementine, banana, papaya, and even a slice of apple- I haven't eaten apples in Haiti ever...if they grow them here, they're not common.

Today will be my packing up day, and I'll paint a coat of aliz on the walls we plastered yesterday if they're dry enough- they may not be yet. In which case I might just get to hang out. Loren, fellow Canadian, has finished his first solar cooker (built by himself and some Haitians), so I look forward to seeing it in action, and trying to hook him up for a meeting with the folks from Deslandes. Benitta would love a solar cooker, so she told me. Loren is also interested in building a solar kiln, so we'll see if we can fundraise for that, so that CIJ can produce clay filters for filtering water.

And now, back to sipping coffee & eating fruit on the straw bale porch for the last time...in awhile.

Sleeping quarters inside the straw house

The Senp Kay, bottle wall and clay/straw house


Exterior of straw house



No comments:

Post a Comment